Sunday, January 4, 2009

The saying "There's daggers in a man's smiles" is the world's everyday life in six words. Everyone gets envious no matter what whether its big or small. You hear everyone say "Oh its okay." and smile, But really when some people say that they'll smile to hide what they feel but really their thinking "Wow really? You think I'd be okay with this?" People will hide there feelings just because most don't want people to get in their business. I'll admit I have done this to someone where I knew it would bug them, but not intentionally. I think its okay to do when its something your heart desires, but when you do this in greed or just to get back at someone because you had a grudge against them, then its really brings out the daggers. Some of the feelings that you have during jealousy can bring out the worst of you and every time you don't mean it to be that way. This is something that happens to all of us, but I think most of the time it happens at the school ages. I think the "daggers" come out of all of us in school. You'll always see someone who has something better than you, and some times its hard to get over that. Its hard to tell someone you like something of theirs especially if its something you really wanted. Its the worst when you have to tell someone the truth, but its hard. When some one asks "How does this look?" most of the time you don't want to hurt their feelings, but being honest is hard. So you lie and they get their self esteem back, but you would hate for them to wear it with confidence and get crushed when someone really comes up and says "Thats an ugly shirt." It makes you seem like the bad person for lying. Its hard to be honest and its hard to be jealous. We all go through the daggers and we all get stabbed, but that's what makes us stronger.

2 comments:

  1. I like the assertion you leave us with in your entry. In some ways, Holden Caulfield comes to mind as I read your response - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you're saying is very much ture. I feel like that alot, like I'm putting on a front I guess.

    ReplyDelete